Four get life term for killing trader over parking quarrel
New Delhi: A Delhi court has sentenced four
men to life imprisonment for killing a businessman following
an altercation over parking a two-wheeler three years ago.
Additional Sessions Judge Poonam Chaudhary also imposed a
fine of Rs 13,000, besides the life term, on Vicky, Kishan,
Rajender and Raj Kumar after holding them guilty of murder.
The court refused to show any leniency to the convicts
saying that they had killed a young man in a pre-planned
manner without showing any regard to human life.
"The murder was committed in a pre-planned and
premeditated manner as accused were armed with the deadly
weapon knife with which Manoj Kumar was stabbed to death. The
act of the accused shows that they had no concern for law and
human life," the court said.
According to the prosecution, the four convicts had an
altercation with Manoj who used to run a shop at Prasad Nagar
here on October 11, 2007. The convicts objected to Manoj
parking his scooter at a particular place.
All four convicts had caught hold of the victim and a
juvenile accused stabbed him four-five times, leading to his
death. An employee of Manoj who rushed to save him was also
injured by the convicts.
The prosecution examined as many as 28 witnesses to prove
its charges in the case.
The juvenile was being tried separately.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui