Four get life term for killing trader over parking quarrel
New Delhi: A Delhi court has sentenced four
men to life imprisonment for killing a businessman following
an altercation over parking a two-wheeler three years ago.
Additional Sessions Judge Poonam Chaudhary also imposed a
fine of Rs 13,000, besides the life term, on Vicky, Kishan,
Rajender and Raj Kumar after holding them guilty of murder.
The court refused to show any leniency to the convicts
saying that they had killed a young man in a pre-planned
manner without showing any regard to human life.
"The murder was committed in a pre-planned and
premeditated manner as accused were armed with the deadly
weapon knife with which Manoj Kumar was stabbed to death. The
act of the accused shows that they had no concern for law and
human life," the court said.
According to the prosecution, the four convicts had an
altercation with Manoj who used to run a shop at Prasad Nagar
here on October 11, 2007. The convicts objected to Manoj
parking his scooter at a particular place.
All four convicts had caught hold of the victim and a
juvenile accused stabbed him four-five times, leading to his
death. An employee of Manoj who rushed to save him was also
injured by the convicts.
The prosecution examined as many as 28 witnesses to prove
its charges in the case.
The juvenile was being tried separately.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah