Four get life term for killing trader over parking quarrel
New Delhi: A Delhi court has sentenced four
men to life imprisonment for killing a businessman following
an altercation over parking a two-wheeler three years ago.
Additional Sessions Judge Poonam Chaudhary also imposed a
fine of Rs 13,000, besides the life term, on Vicky, Kishan,
Rajender and Raj Kumar after holding them guilty of murder.
The court refused to show any leniency to the convicts
saying that they had killed a young man in a pre-planned
manner without showing any regard to human life.
"The murder was committed in a pre-planned and
premeditated manner as accused were armed with the deadly
weapon knife with which Manoj Kumar was stabbed to death. The
act of the accused shows that they had no concern for law and
human life," the court said.
According to the prosecution, the four convicts had an
altercation with Manoj who used to run a shop at Prasad Nagar
here on October 11, 2007. The convicts objected to Manoj
parking his scooter at a particular place.
All four convicts had caught hold of the victim and a
juvenile accused stabbed him four-five times, leading to his
death. An employee of Manoj who rushed to save him was also
injured by the convicts.
The prosecution examined as many as 28 witnesses to prove
its charges in the case.
The juvenile was being tried separately.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog