Four get life term in dishonour killing case
New Delhi: A Delhi court has sentenced to
life term four youths who had lynched the brother of a man
who had eloped with and married a girl from one of their
"Keeping in view the facts and circumstances of the case
and the act done by the convicts, I am of the view that they
are not entitled to any leniency," Additional Sessions Judge SC Rajan said while sentencing the four youths to life
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 on each of
the convicts -- Rajesh (20), Kartar (25), Ram Kishan (33) and
The court relied on the testimony of victim Dinesh`s
aunt, who deposed that the four had assaulted her nephew as
his brother had married a girl from one of the assailants`
families without the "consent and willingness of parents".
The court convicted them saying that the witnesses had
made consistent depositions against the convicts.
"I am of the view that each witness in this case has
given consistent statement pointing to the guilt of the
accused. The prosecution has led legal, reliable and
unimpeachable evidence in this case that would fasten the
guilt on the accused," it said.
The prosecution said the convicts had hatched a
conspiracy to commit the crime. As per the plot, they first
visited the house of the victim`s aunt where they had liquor
and later attacked him in June 2007.
Dinesh was rushed to a nearby hospital, where he
succumbed to his injuries two days later.
The convicts, however, pleaded in the court that they
were falsely implicated in this case.
The court did not accept their pleas and said, "They
have not assigned any reason as to why they have been falsely
implicated in this case." The prosecution had examined 20
witnesses to prove its case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog