Four held for murdering a woman who resisted rape bid in Delhi
New Delhi: Four persons have been arrested for allegedly murdering a 40-year-old woman who had resisted their bid to rape her in Uttam Nagar of West Delhi on March 29, police said on Saturday.
Bir Pal (21), Mohd Naseem alias Sameer (25), Jitender alias Jai Pal (28), Mantu Sharma (27) were arrested in the case while a fifth accused Naresh, alias Anna (28), is absconding. A police team is camping in Mathura to nab him.
The incident came to light 7:10 AM on March 29 when police received a phone call that a dead body of a woman was lying in a park in Krishna Colony, Uttam Nagar. A police team found the body of the woman, aged 40, partially covered on the stem of a fallen tree in the park. There were injury marks on her head and face. Blood soaked stones were also found near the body, police said.
The deceased was identified as a a woman who was staying at a night shelter near East Uttam Nagar Metro Station.
"During investigation, it was learnt that on the intervening night of 28 and 29 March, Mohd Naseem and Naresh had taken the deceased on a motorcycle from the Rainbasera at around 2.30 AM to the park with an intention to have sex with her," said a police official.
On the basis of the information, Naseem, Bir Pal, Jitender and Mantu were picked up and put to sustained interrogation during which they told police that they are casual labourers and are in the habit of consuming liquor and ganja, he said.
On March 28, Naresh and Naseem promised the other accused that they will bring a woman in the night. Then Anna gave Rs 500 to Mantu, Jitender and Brij Pal to arrange three beers and half a bottle of whisky for the night.
"At night, Naresh and Naseem picked up the woman on their motorcycle and reached the park. When they started making sexual advances towards her after consuming liquor, she resisted.
They then tore her clothes and attempted to rape her but she started abusing them and shouted for help. Enraged by this, they attacked her with beer bottles and stones and killed her. They then kept the body on the stem of a fallen tree giving it an impression as if she was killed by an animal, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- When Narendra Modi took oath of office as 15th PM of India on May 26, 2014 - Watch video
- 'Modi-mukt Bharat' after 2019 LoK Sabha polls: Congress leader CP Joshi
- US forces on ground in Syria aiding key anti-IS fight
- See pics: Tim Kopra shares exquisite scenic views of two places in Africa!
- Labour reforms not essential for industrial growth: FM Jaitley