Four held for trying to send Tibetan abroad without visa
New Delhi: Four persons, arrested for trying to send a Tibetan refugee to Switzerland through Kenya without valid documents, have been remanded in police custody by a Delhi court.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Sameer Bajpai handed over Vidhyadhar, Devender Singh Panwar, Vinit Bose and Anil Kumar Teotia to police till August 7 on the plea by police that it needed their custody to investigate the case throughly.
According to the police, Tibetan refugee Jigmey Singe Wangchuk was detained at the IGI Airport on July 31 after the immigration officials conducted a surprise check at the boarding gate of Kenyan Airlines flight KQ-221.
Wangchuk was found travelling without valid documents and during the inquiry, immigration officials found that he was given clearance to fly to Kenya without valid documents and Visa, the police said.
"Wangchuk succeeded in getting the boarding pass and immigration clearance on the basis of arrival visa facility which is meant only for Indians and not Tibetans," the police added.
During investigation, Wangchuk told the police that he was a Tibetan and he wanted to go to Switzerland to get a job.
He said he had come in contact with a Nepali lady agent, who had assured him last month that she can send him to Switzerland and manage a good job for him there .
She had arranged his boarding pass as well as immigration
clearance through her associates, Wangchuk had told the police.
On Wangchuk`s disclosure, the police arrested Vidhyadhar, who informed the police that he and the others had arranged for the Tibetian`s travel to Switzerland.
The police, while seeking three days police custody of the four accused, told the court that the unknown Nepali lady agent is still absconding and custodial interrogation of the four is required to know about her whereabouts.
The Police has booked the four for the offences punishable under Sections 419 (cheating by impersonation), 420 (forgery) and 470 (forged document or electronic record) of the Indian Penal Code.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried