Four jailed for four years on attempt to murder
New Delhi: Four men have been sent to jail for four years each by a Delhi court for attempting to murder a youth by firing at him after he refused to consume liquor with them and join their gang.
Additional Sessions Judge Nisha Saxena sentenced the four saying they along with their fifth associate, who died during the trial, opened fire at the victim due to which he became 90 per cent disabled.
The court said the convicts, residents of North East Delhi does not deserve any leniency for such a "barbaric" act.
"There was no previous enmity. On a trivial issue, the accused fired a gun shot at the victim which resulted in 90 per cent disablement to the victim and thereby spoiling his entire life and career," it said.
The court awarded the jail term to Kuldeep, Suresh Kumar, Devender and Dharmender and also imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 on each of them, stating that if realised, the amount of Rs one lakh should be given to injured Vinay, who earlier worked as a driver.
According to the prosecution, the five accused called the victim at Devender`s dairy at late night on August 13, 2007 and tried to compel Vinay to consume liquor and join their gang failing which he would be killed.
It said when the victim refused, the four accused caught hold of him and Amit fired at his chest with his country-made pistol and threw him on the roadside.
It cannot be said this act was committed by the convicts on the spur of moment due to some provocation, the court said adding Vinay was called in the middle of night without any rhyme and reason the injured and was compelled to take liquor and was threatened to be killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed