Four men arrested for robbing Manipuri student
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Monday apprehended four persons for allegedly robbing a Manipuri student of his mobile phone and some cash in Nizamuddin area of south Delhi last evening.
The four accused, identified as Nadeem, Shafiq, Alladdin and Wasim, were arrested from south Delhi and the robbed mobile phone and cash was recovered, police said.
The incident took place last evening when the 20-year-old Vasomo Phong Sore, a first year student of Delhi University was going to buy a recharge coupon after dropping his sister at a church on his motorcycle.
"When Sore reached near Hazrat Nizamuddin Dargah, four men stopped him, snatched his cell phone and Rs 400 and fled from the spot," said a police official.
The victim then reported the matter to the police which registered a case and launched a manhunt on the basis of the description provided by him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested