Four men arrested for robbing Manipuri student
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Monday apprehended four persons for allegedly robbing a Manipuri student of his mobile phone and some cash in Nizamuddin area of south Delhi last evening.
The four accused, identified as Nadeem, Shafiq, Alladdin and Wasim, were arrested from south Delhi and the robbed mobile phone and cash was recovered, police said.
The incident took place last evening when the 20-year-old Vasomo Phong Sore, a first year student of Delhi University was going to buy a recharge coupon after dropping his sister at a church on his motorcycle.
"When Sore reached near Hazrat Nizamuddin Dargah, four men stopped him, snatched his cell phone and Rs 400 and fled from the spot," said a police official.
The victim then reported the matter to the police which registered a case and launched a manhunt on the basis of the description provided by him.
- Delhi wants permanent Odd-Even, finds survey
- Now, BSF installs laser walls on Indo-Pak border to check infiltration: Reports
- Notice being served on those named in Panama Papers: Arun Jaitley
- CBI begins probe into Harish Rawat sting CD case
- Asia Badminton Championship: Saina Nehwal enters semis, plays Wang Yihan of China