Four men arrested for robbing Manipuri student
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Monday apprehended four persons for allegedly robbing a Manipuri student of his mobile phone and some cash in Nizamuddin area of south Delhi last evening.
The four accused, identified as Nadeem, Shafiq, Alladdin and Wasim, were arrested from south Delhi and the robbed mobile phone and cash was recovered, police said.
The incident took place last evening when the 20-year-old Vasomo Phong Sore, a first year student of Delhi University was going to buy a recharge coupon after dropping his sister at a church on his motorcycle.
"When Sore reached near Hazrat Nizamuddin Dargah, four men stopped him, snatched his cell phone and Rs 400 and fled from the spot," said a police official.
The victim then reported the matter to the police which registered a case and launched a manhunt on the basis of the description provided by him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand