Four more held in Ramjas College admission racket
New Delhi: Four more people, including an office assistant of Ramjas College of the Delhi University, were arrested in a fake admission racket, police said Monday.
"Kuldeep Khapara was a student of Ramjas College from 2004 to 2008, and resident of Sonepat. He was arrested along with Raje Singh, an office assistant of Ramjas College and a past student of Ramjas," said a police officer.
They were arrested in the same fake admissions case, the officer added.
"In another case, Ashwani Rajput, resident of Mehrauli in south Delhi, and Vardhan Choudhary, resident of Gurgaon and a final year student of B.Com in the college, were arrested," the officer said.
They were arrested in two separate cases. So far, 35 cases have been registered, police said.
According to police, those involved in the racket would entice students who had scored inadequate marks and promise them admission in general and management quota for a hefty fee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'