Four Nepali citizens jailed for trafficking `ganja
New Delhi: A Delhi court has awarded jail terms up to ten years to four Nepali citizens who were arrested with 69 kilograms of contraband `ganja` at Old Delhi Railways Station in 2009.
Special Judge Narinder Kumar sentenced key accused Ramdhari Shah, arrested with 24 kg `ganja`, to ten years rigorous imprisonment and imposed on him a fine of Rs one
Imposing a fine of Rs 50,000 each on three other convicts, the court said the offences under the Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act are "serious in
The court also sentenced Lakhi Chand Paswan, Ganesh Shah and Badri Sahni, apprehended with 15 kg of contraband each, to rigorous imprisonment for five years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympics 2016: Usain Bolt arrives in Rio for shot at immortality
- Man detained from Dubai-Kozhikode IndiGo flight did not raise ISIS slogans
- Armed with a brush, a dalit fights paralysis with miniature art
- Menopause, insomnia may accelerate ageing
- SC stays warrants against DMDK founder Vijaykanth, wife