Four Nepali citizens jailed for trafficking `ganja
New Delhi: A Delhi court has awarded jail terms up to ten years to four Nepali citizens who were arrested with 69 kilograms of contraband `ganja` at Old Delhi Railways Station in 2009.
Special Judge Narinder Kumar sentenced key accused Ramdhari Shah, arrested with 24 kg `ganja`, to ten years rigorous imprisonment and imposed on him a fine of Rs one
Imposing a fine of Rs 50,000 each on three other convicts, the court said the offences under the Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act are "serious in
The court also sentenced Lakhi Chand Paswan, Ganesh Shah and Badri Sahni, apprehended with 15 kg of contraband each, to rigorous imprisonment for five years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional