Four rape cases involving minors reported from Delhi
New Delhi: As many as four cases of abduction and rape have been reported in the national capital, police said on Monday.
In the first incident, an auto-rickshaw driver allegedly abducted a nine-year-old girl from Seemapuri area and raped her near Hindaun river, they said.
The accused identified as Om Prakash has been arrested, a senior police official said.
"The girl used to take auto-rickshaw for Rs five to reach her home every day. The auto driver had taken her near Hindaun river where she was raped," the senior police official said.
He then hired another auto-rickshaw and told its driver to drop the girl, who lives in UP and studies in a private school in Seemapuri area, at her home.
The girl narrated the whole incident to the second auto driver, who took her to a police station.
In another incident a four-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a youth in Kirti Nagar area, police said.
The girl, who had gone to watch TV at a grocery store last night was lured by 19-year-old Raju, who took her to railway tracks and allegedly raped her, they said.
Police said a passerby saw the unconscious girl near a railway track and informed them.
In a third incident reported from Kirti Nagar area a 40-year-old woman, who had gone to look for her missing 14-year-old son, was gang raped by a youth and his associate.
The duo, identified as Lallan and Hinamal, has been arrested.
"They dragged the woman inside their shanty and raped her," police said.
In another incident, a 12-year-old girl was sexually assaulted by her step-father at their house in East Delhi`s Welcome area this afternoon when she was alone at home, they said.
The accused, works as a labour at a tower company in Gurgaon, and was married to the victim`s mother for the last four years, police said, adding the accused is absconding and efforts are on to nab him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka