Four rapes in Delhi in as many days
New Delhi: Bringing shame to the national
capital, four cases of sexual assault against women came to
light today in which three victims were minor girls.
The four cases were reported in the past four days
from various parts of the capital. One of the four accused is
a minor boy while another runs a coaching institute.
In the first incident, a ten-year-old girl was raped
allegedly by her own teenaged cousin in northwest Delhi`s
Maurya Enclave area on July one, police said.
The girl, whose parents are labourers from UP`s
Allahabad, was allegedly raped by her 17-year-old cousin who
used to stay near the victim`s home, a senior police official
The accused used to play with the victim and on July
one, he lured her on the pretext of playing before allegedly
The teenager was detained on July two after the
parents of the girl approached police, the official said. The
victim was taken to a hospital where a medical examination
The second incident was reported from Vijay Vihar in
Outer Delhi on July two in which an eight-year-old girl was
raped allegedly by her teacher. The accused Gopal, who runs a
coaching institute in B-block area in Vijay Vihar where the
victim was his student for past one year, was arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?