Four sharpshooters arrested
New Delhi: Four sharpshooters of a Haryana
gang, allegedly involved in a series of robberies and murders,
were arrested in the national capital, police said on Sunday.
Vikram alias Paras (25), Ashok (25), Lalit and Pramod
were apprehended from Nangal Dewat village near Mahipalpur
yesterday when they were on way to Gurgaon, Deputy
Commissioner of Police (South) H G S Dhaliwal said.
During questioning, they confessed of committing crimes
in Haryana, Delhi and Punjab, he said.
The official said an accomplice of the gang was injured
when they met with an accident in Meerut while returning after
killing and dumping a person belonging to Delhi`s Bawana.
Manish is admitted in Jaipur Golden Hospital.
The gang had also robbed a car a month ago at gunpoint
from Nangloi. They also managed to free an accompliace of
theirs named Gurpreet from police custody in Punjab`s Bhatinda
after firing at police party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire