Four students taken ill after midday meal in Delhi
New Delhi: Four girl students aged between 10 to 12 years of a North Delhi Municipal Corporation in Auchandi village near Narela complained of stomach ache after having midday meal in a school and were admitted to a local hospital on Friday.
According to the sources, NGO in-charge Stree Shakti had served `Rajma Chawal` which was consumed by around 140 children.
"Four children were brought to our hospital who complained of stomach ache and vomitting and were admitted in the hospital. They had eaten Rajma Chawal offered to them at school at around 11.30 am," Medical Superitendent of Maharishi Valmiki Hospital, Kirti Bhushan, said.
The children, he said, were given injections and drip and "their condition is stable now". "We have kept them under observation now," Bhushan said.
Following the complaints, samples of food have been sent to testing laboratories. "An inquiry has been inititated to check the reason of their illness soon after eating the midday meal," the officer said.
- Deaths in rehabilitation home: Raje govt suspends erring officials
- IPL 9: Gujarat Lions vs Kings XI Punjab – Probable playing XIs; players to watch out for
- WATCH: You ripper! Unplayable magic ball leaves master batsman VVS Laxman completely exposed!
- IPL 2016, Match 30: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders - Preview
- Sebi to up vigil to check misuse of investor money by brokers