Four-year boy dies after drinking acid
Ghaziabad: A 4-year-old boy died after he allegedly consumed acid in his house in Loni area here, police said on Saturday.
Uvesh was rushed to a nearby nursing home which referred him to GTB hospital in Delhi where the minor was declared dead during treatment, police said.
The GTB hospital staff, however, refused to hand over the minor`s body to his parents as they suspected it to be a "murder", according to police.
It was only after the intervention of Loni police of the district into the matter the minor`s body was given to his parents.
The incident took place on Thursday afternoon, but the issue came to light last night when the minor`s family approached police.
Uvesh`s father Rahimuddin told police that his son, while playing in the house, inadvertently drank the acid, meant for cleaning toilet.
It is being probed that whether the child drank the acid by mistake or he was forced to consume it, a senior police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city