Four-year boy dies after drinking acid
Ghaziabad: A 4-year-old boy died after he allegedly consumed acid in his house in Loni area here, police said on Saturday.
Uvesh was rushed to a nearby nursing home which referred him to GTB hospital in Delhi where the minor was declared dead during treatment, police said.
The GTB hospital staff, however, refused to hand over the minor`s body to his parents as they suspected it to be a "murder", according to police.
It was only after the intervention of Loni police of the district into the matter the minor`s body was given to his parents.
The incident took place on Thursday afternoon, but the issue came to light last night when the minor`s family approached police.
Uvesh`s father Rahimuddin told police that his son, while playing in the house, inadvertently drank the acid, meant for cleaning toilet.
It is being probed that whether the child drank the acid by mistake or he was forced to consume it, a senior police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border