Four youth discharged in kidnapping and gangrape case
New Delhi: Four youth accused of kidnapping and gangraping a girl have been let off by a Delhi court on the ground that the alleged victim had failed to identify them.
Additional Sessions Judge Virender Bhat absolved the four of the charges, saying there is "no material on record to link the accused with the offences alleged against them".
"...I am of the opinion that the prosecution has not produced on record any convincing material to demonstrate that the accused are the persons, who had kidnapped and gangraped the prosecutrix girl. The accused have not been arrested at the instance or on the identification of the prosecutrix.
"The girl did not identify them during test identification parade. Therefore, there is no material on record to link the accused with the offences alleged against them. Hence no charge is made out against any of the accused and all of them are liable to be discharged," the judge said.
According to prosecution, on December 28, 2013 one among them who was known to the girl met her outside Dwarka Sector 21 Metro Station here and offered to drop her home in his car.
The main accused, who was with his friend, drove the girl to some secluded place in west Delhi and raped her, it said.
It is further case of the prosecution that after the girl had lodged a complaint with the police here all four accused were arrested two days after the incident.
The boys, however, had opposed the prosecution claim and had said that they were falsely implicated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves