Fourth accused in Manipuri youth`s death arrested
New Delhi: A fourth accused was on Tuesday arrested in connection with the death of 29-year-old Manipuri youth during a brawl in Kotla Mubarkpur area of South Delhi that has triggered widespread anger among North East community here.
Azad Choudhary (24), a driver by profession and a resident of Garhi Village, was arrested for his alleged involvement in the case, police said.
Akha Salouni was allegedly beaten to death by a group of five men in a suspected case of road rage in Kotla Mubarakpur in the wee hours yesterday. He was returning to his Munirka flat after a party.
Three accused in the case--Sanjay Basoya (24), Shakti Basoya alias Shanky and Rajiv alias Raju (25) were arrested from Garhi area yesterday. The fifth accused in the case is yet to be arrested.
Amit Gupta, spokesperson in AIIMS said prima facie the autopsy report of Salouni suggests that death was caused due to multiple internal injuries in the neck, abdomen and brain caused by blunt force.
"Autopsy report suggests that death was caused due to multiple internal injuries in the neck, abdomen and brain caused by blunt force. The report has been handed over to police," Gupta said.
The autopsy on Salouni`s body was conducted by a two-member panel headed by Dr Milo Tabin.
Meanwhile a local court today remanded Sanjay, Shakti and Rajiv in two days in police custody. Metropolitan magistrate Ashok Kumar sent all three accused to police custody till July 24 while allowing Delhi Police to interrogate them.
"In view of the facts and circumstances, the application for grant of two days police remand is allowed. The accused be produced on July 24," the court said.
Police said the incident had taken place at around 3 AM when the deceased Akha Shaloni, along with two friends, Dihe Kazhiihrii (25), who is also a resident of Manipur and Nagendra Sharma (40), a resident of Bihar, were returning after attending a party at their friend`s place at Masoodpur Colony.
Following the party, they had hired an auto to drop Kazhiihrii at his home at Kotla Mubarakpur. When the auto reached near Gurudwara road, a car arrived from behind and started honking indiscriminately, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown