Free DTC bus travel for women on Bhai Duj
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Monday said Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) buses would offer free travel to women on the occasion of Bhai Duj festival Nov 15.
"The lady passengers would be allowed free travel in non-AC DTC buses operating within Delhi or destined to towns within the national capital region between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Nov 15 (Thursday)," said a statement, quoting Dikshit.
This facility will not be available on air-conditioned (AC) and inter-state buses.
Transport Minister Ramakant Goswami said that the decision was taken to help women reach their brothers` houses for celebrating the festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown