Free DTC bus travel for women on Bhai Duj
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Monday said Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) buses would offer free travel to women on the occasion of Bhai Duj festival Nov 15.
"The lady passengers would be allowed free travel in non-AC DTC buses operating within Delhi or destined to towns within the national capital region between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Nov 15 (Thursday)," said a statement, quoting Dikshit.
This facility will not be available on air-conditioned (AC) and inter-state buses.
Transport Minister Ramakant Goswami said that the decision was taken to help women reach their brothers` houses for celebrating the festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday