Free DTC travel for women on Bhai Duj
New Delhi: Women in the city will be able to
travel in Delhi Transport Corporation buses for free on Friday
on the occasion of Bhai Duj.
It is a special gesture for women so that they can meet
their brothers without any hassle, a DTC official said.
He said women would be allowed free ride in all DTC
ordinary buses and non-air conditioned low-floor buses between
8 AM and 5:00 PM.
The DTC has been offering free ride to women on
Rakshabandhan and Bhai Duj for the last few years.
Meanwhile, in view of Diwali and Bhai Duj, DTC has
directed all its drivers, conductors and field staff to take
maximum precaution to ensure safety of passengers.
"In view of the recent bomb blast in Delhi High Court
complex, we have asked all our staff to take maximum
precaution to ensure safety of commuters," the official said.
As per the instructions issued to DTC staff, no driver
and conductor should leave the bus at bus terminals or on the
road in the event of breakdown or rest period.
All the conductors have been counseled to remain vigilant
and keep an eye on passengers and their luggage.
If any unattended or suspicious material is found in the
bus, then the crew has been asked to inform police
Security officials at bus depots have been instructed to
allow entry of staff only after proper checking.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player