Free travel for women in DTC buses on Rakhi
New Delhi: Women can enjoy free travel in
Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) buses Saturday on the
occasion of Raksha Bandhan.
This was announced today by Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit, who greeted people on the occasion.
"The decision has been taken to ensure that women could
reach easily to the houses of their brothers," said an
Women will be able to travel free of cost till 5 pm.
However, the free travel will not be allowed in AC buses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok