Free travel for women in DTC buses on Rakhi
New Delhi: Women can enjoy free travel in
Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) buses Saturday on the
occasion of Raksha Bandhan.
This was announced today by Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit, who greeted people on the occasion.
"The decision has been taken to ensure that women could
reach easily to the houses of their brothers," said an
Women will be able to travel free of cost till 5 pm.
However, the free travel will not be allowed in AC buses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Aditi and Mohit Malik’s Indonesian vacation will give you honeymoon goals
- Romantic Italian vacation! Love is in the air for Ruslaan Mumtaz and Nirali – See pics
- Bombay High Court quashes FIR against Sussanne Khan
- US asks Pakistan not to discriminate among terrorists
- CMs to make presentation on their ambitious schemes in BJP meet today