Free travel for women in DTC buses on Rakhi
New Delhi: Women can enjoy free travel in
Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) buses Saturday on the
occasion of Raksha Bandhan.
This was announced today by Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit, who greeted people on the occasion.
"The decision has been taken to ensure that women could
reach easily to the houses of their brothers," said an
Women will be able to travel free of cost till 5 pm.
However, the free travel will not be allowed in AC buses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Fox News chief Ailes resigns after sexual harassment claims
- WATCH: HILARIOUS! Is this the worst ball ever bowled in international cricket?
- Sensex recovers 54 points in early trade on corporate earnings
- Christine Lagarde says global growth forecast revised downward on Brexit
- Myanmar's military investigates a 'war crime' in an era of reform