Free travel for women in DTC buses on Rakhi
New Delhi: Women can enjoy free travel in
Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) buses Saturday on the
occasion of Raksha Bandhan.
This was announced today by Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit, who greeted people on the occasion.
"The decision has been taken to ensure that women could
reach easily to the houses of their brothers," said an
Women will be able to travel free of cost till 5 pm.
However, the free travel will not be allowed in AC buses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender