Free travel for women in DTC buses on Rakhi
New Delhi: Women can enjoy free travel in
Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) buses Saturday on the
occasion of Raksha Bandhan.
This was announced today by Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit, who greeted people on the occasion.
"The decision has been taken to ensure that women could
reach easily to the houses of their brothers," said an
Women will be able to travel free of cost till 5 pm.
However, the free travel will not be allowed in AC buses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top aide of Hizb-ul-Mujahideen commander surrenders in Kashmir
- Darshan Kumaar, Randeep Hooda and Vijender Singh showcase 'Jat power punch'! See pic
- Fifty years after his death, VD Savarkar trending on Twitter: Know why
- BSER Rajasthan Board Class 12 (Arts) Examination Results 2016 to be declared soon on rajresults.nic.in and rajeduboard.nic.in
- IPL VIDEO: This is how Poonam Pandey showered love on RCB skipper Virat Kohli