Free water, power tariff cut: SAD accuses AAP of aping its policies
Amritsar: AAP government`s move to provide relief to Delhi residents in power and water bills is nothing new, but the nascent party has simply followed what Akalis have already done in Punjab, ruling Shiromani Akali Dal claimed on Wednesday.
"By slashing power tariff and providing rebates in water bills, AAP is doing nothing new but only following what Akalis have already done in Punjab," Punjab Cabinet minister Bikram Singh Majithia said here.
"The Punjab government is far ahead of all other states on pro-people policies," he said. Majithia claimed that the `Khula Darbar`, as proposed by AAP, is also an emulation of `Sangat Darshan Programme` being run by Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal in Punjab.
Schemes like Atta Dal, Shagun, cashless treatment of cancer patients, scholarships for SC/OBC, free power for tubewells are running successfully in Punjab, he said.
"The Punjab government need not turn a copy cat on what AAP is trying to do," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 94 seats, BJP ahead in 56; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers resignation; Shiv Sena ahead in BMC polls
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway; Shiv Sena leads the race