Free water, power tariff cut: SAD accuses AAP of aping its policies
Amritsar: AAP government`s move to provide relief to Delhi residents in power and water bills is nothing new, but the nascent party has simply followed what Akalis have already done in Punjab, ruling Shiromani Akali Dal claimed on Wednesday.
"By slashing power tariff and providing rebates in water bills, AAP is doing nothing new but only following what Akalis have already done in Punjab," Punjab Cabinet minister Bikram Singh Majithia said here.
"The Punjab government is far ahead of all other states on pro-people policies," he said. Majithia claimed that the `Khula Darbar`, as proposed by AAP, is also an emulation of `Sangat Darshan Programme` being run by Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal in Punjab.
Schemes like Atta Dal, Shagun, cashless treatment of cancer patients, scholarships for SC/OBC, free power for tubewells are running successfully in Punjab, he said.
"The Punjab government need not turn a copy cat on what AAP is trying to do," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?