French n-regulator nod for Jaitapur`s EPR reactors
New Delhi: NPCIL on Monday said a safety review
by the French nuclear regulator has made no comments on having
additional systems EPR reactors proposed for the Jaitapur
nuclear project, setting the stage for restarting negotiations
on the delayed venture.
"A quick scan of the ASN report shows that there are no
clear comments on any system that has to be added to the
EPRs," S A Bhardwaj, Director (Technical), Nuclear Power
Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL) told reporters here.
He said a detailed review of the report of the French
Nuclear Safety Authority (ASN) would take a week and the NPCIL
would like to restart negotiations by the end of this month.
The talks on signing a commercial agreement between NPCIL
and French company Areva had been stalled after the Fukushima
The Indian nuclear operator was awaiting a report on the
safety aspects of the Evolutionary Pressurised Reactor (EPR)
which was reviewed by ASN along with the 58 nuclear power
units under operation in France.
Post-Fukushima, the Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB)
had carried out a similar safety review of all 20 operational
nuclear power plants in India and suggested some additional
On the Kudankulam project, Bhardwaj said the first unit
of the nuclear power plant could be started three months after
the ongoing agitation is called off.
He said a number of contract employees at the Kudankulam
nuclear power project have taken other jobs elsewhere as the
anti-nuclear protestors were not allowing them inside the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla