Fresh cases of swine flu emerge in Delhi
New Delhi: Fresh cases of epidemic swine flu emerged in New Delhi, killing three and hospitalising many others.
The number of patients admitted with swine flu is on the rise and hundreds of people are rushing to the general hospitals.
Talking to the mediapersons, Medical Superintendent, H K Kar gave the statistics of the cases reported in the hospital.
"I suspected total 26 cases of swine flu, out of them 12 were positive and many others are also found suspected but we are awaiting the blood report.
"Many of them have been discharged, only two cases are in the hospital, one of them is in ICU (Intensive Care Unit), on the ventilator as his condition is very serious and critical and the other one has been discharged today. Total four deaths have taken place in this case, in which three were from Delhi and one was from Haryana," said Dr. Kar.
The afflicted victims were rushed to the nearby hospitals with symptoms of sudden fever and cough, vomiting, runny nose, Diarrhoea or stomach upset, abdominal cramps, bleeding and headache.
Meanwhile in Gurgaon, the number of patients admitted with swine flu was six.
Talking to the mediapersons, Civil Surgeon, Dr. Parveen K Garg also advised people to take precautions whenever there is a seasonal change.
"Total six cases of swine flu have been detected and all of them are now fine. The relatives of those patients have been given Demi flu, now all are well, nothing is there to panic, everything is under control," said Dr. Garg.
Preventive and cleaning measures have already been undertaken in a war-footing basis by the health services in these regions to stop it from further spreading of the disease.
The H1N1 virus, better known as swine flu, created panic and fear worldwide in the year 2009. The virus is generally found in pigs but has the same symptoms as any seasonal flu. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy