Fresh fire reported from Chandni Chowk
New Delhi: Fresh fire has been reported from the capital’s popular Chandni Chowk market. On Thursday evening also, a major fire had broken out in the congested electricals and electronics market, Bhagirath Palace.
Firemen had battled for three hours to douse yesterday’s fire. At least 20 shops were gutted but no casualties were reported.
Delhi Fire Service director AK Sharma had said yesterday, “It is too early to reveal the reason for the fire. It may be due to electrical short circuit.”
"I was inside my shop... I ran outside on hearing the commotion and found a blaze on the second floor of the building," Ved Prakash, who owns Royal Electricals on the ground floor, said.
At least 20 shops of electronic goods and cables were gutted in the fire that started from second floor and spread to fifth floor of the building.
As many as 1,400 shops are located inside the building, said an officer.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan