Fresh fire reported from Chandni Chowk
New Delhi: Fresh fire has been reported from the capital’s popular Chandni Chowk market. On Thursday evening also, a major fire had broken out in the congested electricals and electronics market, Bhagirath Palace.
Firemen had battled for three hours to douse yesterday’s fire. At least 20 shops were gutted but no casualties were reported.
Delhi Fire Service director AK Sharma had said yesterday, “It is too early to reveal the reason for the fire. It may be due to electrical short circuit.”
"I was inside my shop... I ran outside on hearing the commotion and found a blaze on the second floor of the building," Ved Prakash, who owns Royal Electricals on the ground floor, said.
At least 20 shops of electronic goods and cables were gutted in the fire that started from second floor and spread to fifth floor of the building.
As many as 1,400 shops are located inside the building, said an officer.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- DNA: Today in History | May 25, 2016
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's Part II
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Andy Murray survives fresh five-set Paris battle
- Mercedes insist all cool after Spanish storm; Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg clear the air
- Foxconn factory goes 'techno'; replaces workers with 60,000 robots!
- BJP comes out in defence of Amitabh's association with second anniversary programme
- Army troops, insurgents exchange gunfire along Manipur-Myanmar border