Fresh production warrant issued for Manoj Sah in girl rape case
New Delhi: A Delhi court Wednesday issued fresh warrant for producing before it Manoj Sah, the main accused in the gang-rape of five-year-old girl in east Delhi.
Manoj was not produced before the court today as the warrant issued yesterday could not be served to authorities in Tihar jail where the culprit has been lodged in judicial custody after he was brought from Muzaffarpur in Bihar.
Metropolitan Magistrate Rakesh Kumar, who was presiding as duty magistrate because of holiday, asked the Tihar Jail authorities to produce him tomorrow before the concerned court.
The Investigating Officer in the case told the magistrate that the warrant issued yesterday could not be served upon the jail authorities.
"Production warrant against accused Manoj be issued for tommorow. The accused to be produced before the concerned court," the magistrate said, directing the court staff to positively dispatch the warrant.
On the court`s query about the progress in the investigation, the IO said police required Manoj`s custody for linking the evidence gathered so far.
The police needs Manoj`s custody to confront him with co-accused Pradeep, to recover the mobile phones used by them during the relevant time period and also to unearth the chain of events.
During the proceedings, the magistrate questioned the presence of SHO of Pandav Nagar Police Station in the court when the incident had happened in Gandhi Nagar area.
"Due to some departmental problem, I have been asked to assist the IO," the SHO informed the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days