Fresh production warrants against Abu Salem
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Monday issued fresh
production warrant against extradited gangster Abu Salem after
he failed to appear before it to face trial in an extortion
case lodged against him here.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (CMM) Vinod Yadav issued
the production warrant after the jail superintendent of
Mumbai`s Taloja prison, where Salem is presently lodged,
apprised him of his non-production.
"Fax message has been received from Superintendent,
Taloja jail with regard to not producing accused Abu Salem in
court today. Issue fresh production warrants against Salem to
be executed through Superintendent jail concerned for August
8," the court said.
The court also issued summons through the investigating
officer of the case against Puneet Khanna, a public witness in
The court had earlier asked one of the witnesses to
appear before it to record his testimony in the case in which
Salem is accused of extorting money from a Delhi-based
businessman in 2002.
Salem was extradited from Portugal in 2005 to face trial
in eight cases, including the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts.
The underworld don is now lodged in Taloja jail in
Mumbai, facing trial for his role in the 1993 serial blasts in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?