Fresh production warrants against Abu Salem
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Monday issued fresh
production warrant against extradited gangster Abu Salem after
he failed to appear before it to face trial in an extortion
case lodged against him here.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (CMM) Vinod Yadav issued
the production warrant after the jail superintendent of
Mumbai`s Taloja prison, where Salem is presently lodged,
apprised him of his non-production.
"Fax message has been received from Superintendent,
Taloja jail with regard to not producing accused Abu Salem in
court today. Issue fresh production warrants against Salem to
be executed through Superintendent jail concerned for August
8," the court said.
The court also issued summons through the investigating
officer of the case against Puneet Khanna, a public witness in
The court had earlier asked one of the witnesses to
appear before it to record his testimony in the case in which
Salem is accused of extorting money from a Delhi-based
businessman in 2002.
Salem was extradited from Portugal in 2005 to face trial
in eight cases, including the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts.
The underworld don is now lodged in Taloja jail in
Mumbai, facing trial for his role in the 1993 serial blasts in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok