`Frustrated` Delhi CM demands better security
New Delhi: "Frustrated" at not being able to
address security concerns of Delhiites, Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit on Thursday demanded concrete measures to be taken to plug
the loopholes in the security system exposed in the wake of
the blast outside Delhi High Court.
A day after the terror strike, a contemplative Dikshit
said that the Centre must take appropriate action based on
findings of the National Investigation Agency which was tasked
to probe the blast that caused massive casualties.
"A probe has already been ordered by the Home Ministry.
Let the report come. If there was any dereliction of duties or
if the probe finds that the system faltered somewhere, then we
must take corrective action.
"Based on the report, we must take strong follow-up
action," Dikshit, who had met Home Minister P Chidambaram
hours after the blast to seek better security, said.
Asked about the palpable anger among the residents of
Delhi over the failure of an elected government in meeting
their security expectations, she said "it does feel frustrated
when you cannot do anything when people look up to you. The
citizens feel as elected representatives, we must address
On the factors behind such attacks, she did not rule out
that death punishment for Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru
could be a possibility for targetting Delhi by the terror
"The Indian Mujaheedin and HuJI have been making
statements...I would not like to make a direct comment. There
are set procedures in the country which have to followed in
deciding such cases," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured