`Frustrated` Delhi CM demands better security
New Delhi: "Frustrated" at not being able to
address security concerns of Delhiites, Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit on Thursday demanded concrete measures to be taken to plug
the loopholes in the security system exposed in the wake of
the blast outside Delhi High Court.
A day after the terror strike, a contemplative Dikshit
said that the Centre must take appropriate action based on
findings of the National Investigation Agency which was tasked
to probe the blast that caused massive casualties.
"A probe has already been ordered by the Home Ministry.
Let the report come. If there was any dereliction of duties or
if the probe finds that the system faltered somewhere, then we
must take corrective action.
"Based on the report, we must take strong follow-up
action," Dikshit, who had met Home Minister P Chidambaram
hours after the blast to seek better security, said.
Asked about the palpable anger among the residents of
Delhi over the failure of an elected government in meeting
their security expectations, she said "it does feel frustrated
when you cannot do anything when people look up to you. The
citizens feel as elected representatives, we must address
On the factors behind such attacks, she did not rule out
that death punishment for Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru
could be a possibility for targetting Delhi by the terror
"The Indian Mujaheedin and HuJI have been making
statements...I would not like to make a direct comment. There
are set procedures in the country which have to followed in
deciding such cases," she said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list