`Frustrated` Delhi CM demands better security
New Delhi: "Frustrated" at not being able to
address security concerns of Delhiites, Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit on Thursday demanded concrete measures to be taken to plug
the loopholes in the security system exposed in the wake of
the blast outside Delhi High Court.
A day after the terror strike, a contemplative Dikshit
said that the Centre must take appropriate action based on
findings of the National Investigation Agency which was tasked
to probe the blast that caused massive casualties.
"A probe has already been ordered by the Home Ministry.
Let the report come. If there was any dereliction of duties or
if the probe finds that the system faltered somewhere, then we
must take corrective action.
"Based on the report, we must take strong follow-up
action," Dikshit, who had met Home Minister P Chidambaram
hours after the blast to seek better security, said.
Asked about the palpable anger among the residents of
Delhi over the failure of an elected government in meeting
their security expectations, she said "it does feel frustrated
when you cannot do anything when people look up to you. The
citizens feel as elected representatives, we must address
On the factors behind such attacks, she did not rule out
that death punishment for Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru
could be a possibility for targetting Delhi by the terror
"The Indian Mujaheedin and HuJI have been making
statements...I would not like to make a direct comment. There
are set procedures in the country which have to followed in
deciding such cases," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir