Fudging case: Court orders FIR against cops
New Delhi: A Delhi court has directed registration of FIR against two police personnel for allegedly submitting to it incorrect and forged records three years ago in a criminal case with an "ulterior motive" to save the accused persons from "legal punishment".
Metropolitan Magistrate Gagandeep Singh directed that FIR be registered on a complaint against ASI Devi Ram and Inspector Rajneesh Parmar under sections 218 (public servant framing incorrect record), 465 and 471 (forgery) and 120-B (conspiracy) of IPC.
Complainant Anil Kumar had alleged that on October 17, 2009, he was assaulted by four men--Ram Chander, Harish, Om Prakash and Sonu--at a bus stand in Timarpur here. His brother Shiv Kumar, who found him in an injured condition, took him to a hospital where doctors referred him to RML Hospital and advised that his CT scan be done.
Anil`s counsel A K Sankhla and Arun Renu alleged that even though he was unconscious for three days, ASI Devi Ram and Parmar, the then SHO, in connivance with other accused fabricated their statements and also forged their signatures on it, showing the incident as that of "abuse" and not "assault".
The false and forged record was then filed in the court concerned, the counsel had alleged.
On perusal of medical and other records, the court said Anil had told the police that he was assaulted but the initial report registered by Devi Ram had only talked about he being abused.
"Prima facie it appears that the proceedings which have been recorded vide Kallandra (police report) were incorrectly recorded with some ulterior motive as the same are in contradiction of the medical record," the court said.
The court directed DCP (North) of the Delhi police to monitor the probe in the case, saying, "The allegations levelled by Anil Kumar raises serious allegations?of?forgery of his signature as well as of his brother and also regarding preparation of incorrect record by public servant with intent to save any person from legal punishment."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das