Gadkari hits out at Anshuman Mishra
New Delhi: BJP President Nitin Gadkari on Sunday hit out at NRI business Anshuman Mishra terming his allegations against party veteran Murli Manohar Joshi and some other leaders as "baseless" and an "expression of frustration" over his failure to make it to the Raja Sabha.
"Anshuman Mishra`s motivated and selective tirade against
some of the top BJP leaders is nothing but an expression of
frustration over his failure to make it to the Raja Sabha with
the support of BJP MLAs from Jharkhand," Gadkari, who is
believed to have backed Mishra`s nomination which he had to
withdraw following protest from certain BJP leaders, said in a
Dismissing Mishra`s allegations as "baseless and
misleading", he also urged the party rank and file to ignore
this "deliberate" attempt to create confusion by spreading
The BJP President also appealed to media not to take
cognizance of Mishra`s "unsubstantiated and wild" remarks
against senior BJP leaders and said that all of them have a
"proven track record of probity in public life" and have
always enjoyed an "unblemished reputation".
Mishra, who was supported by a section of the BJP as an
independent nominee for Rajya Sabha from Jharkhand, had to
withdraw at the last moment following a directive from the BJP
central leadership to its MLAs not to vote for him.
On Saturday, he claimed to have introduced PAC Chairman
Joshi to senior executives of 2G scam accused companies when
the panel was probing the 2G spectrum case, a charge rubbished
by the BJP veteran.
Mishra had also said that Joshi called him seeking funds
for elections. Mishra claimed to have played a role in Joshi`s
poll campaign in 2004 and 2009.
Joshi had, however, maintained that Mishra`s allegations
were "fabricated" and whatever he was saying with regard to
him is absolutely wrong and a "concoction".
The senior BJP leader had also asserted he had "strongly
opposed" giving a Rajya Sabha ticket to Mishra when his
opinion was sought.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof