Gang goes on rampage at restaurant, injures three
New Delhi: Three persons, including a police constable, were injured when armed men went on the rampage at a restaurant in North East Delhi locality after the owner asked them to pay their bills of last five months, police said on Sunday.
"Over a dozen armed men, said to be associated with Dinesh Pehlwan gang, attacked Rasoi restaurant at L-block in Dilshad Garden on Wednesday last when restaurant owner Harish Gupta asked them to pay their bills.
"Angry over being asked to pay the bill, a brawl broke out following which the armed men attacked the restaurant in which two employees and a Delhi Police head constable, identified as Bijender, who was pacifying them, were injured," a senior police official said.
The gang members used to eat at the restaurant but did not pay bills. On October 22, they once again visited the eatery and had an argument with the restaurant`s owner when he asked them to pay their bill, the officer said.
Dinesh and his associates returned to the restaurant and went on a rampage there. They even went to the kitchen and destroyed things there, even the customers had to run for safety, he said, adding that the owner called police and head constable Bijender arrived there.
Bijender and other policemen tried to pacify the men, but one of them attacked him with an iron rod, leaving him injured.
Two restaurant employees were also injured in the attack, the official said, adding that a case has been registered and efforts were on to arrest the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!