Gang goes on rampage at restaurant, injures three
New Delhi: Three persons, including a police constable, were injured when armed men went on the rampage at a restaurant in North East Delhi locality after the owner asked them to pay their bills of last five months, police said on Sunday.
"Over a dozen armed men, said to be associated with Dinesh Pehlwan gang, attacked Rasoi restaurant at L-block in Dilshad Garden on Wednesday last when restaurant owner Harish Gupta asked them to pay their bills.
"Angry over being asked to pay the bill, a brawl broke out following which the armed men attacked the restaurant in which two employees and a Delhi Police head constable, identified as Bijender, who was pacifying them, were injured," a senior police official said.
The gang members used to eat at the restaurant but did not pay bills. On October 22, they once again visited the eatery and had an argument with the restaurant`s owner when he asked them to pay their bill, the officer said.
Dinesh and his associates returned to the restaurant and went on a rampage there. They even went to the kitchen and destroyed things there, even the customers had to run for safety, he said, adding that the owner called police and head constable Bijender arrived there.
Bijender and other policemen tried to pacify the men, but one of them attacked him with an iron rod, leaving him injured.
Two restaurant employees were also injured in the attack, the official said, adding that a case has been registered and efforts were on to arrest the accused.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know