Gang-rape: 125 teargas shells lobbed on protesters in Delhi
New Delhi: Police lobbed 125 teargas shells to disperse youth who were protesting at Raisina Hill on Saturday against the gangrape of a 23-year-old girl and registered a case of rioting and destruction of public property against unknown persons.
According to Delhi Police, 38 policemen, including Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police Rajesh Deo, were injured in clashes which erupted throughout the day at the protest site.
Though police did not give any figure for those who were injured among protesters, the agitators pegged the number between 40 and 50.
The protesters damaged six buses and two motorcycles besides 30 barricades.
"We have registered a case of rioting and destruction of public property. We will be asking media houses to provide us video footage. We will check the footage and will arrest those who are shown very clearly in the footage as indulging in violence," Rajan Bhagat, Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police and PRO, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands