Gang-rape: 125 teargas shells lobbed on protesters in Delhi
New Delhi: Police lobbed 125 teargas shells to disperse youth who were protesting at Raisina Hill on Saturday against the gangrape of a 23-year-old girl and registered a case of rioting and destruction of public property against unknown persons.
According to Delhi Police, 38 policemen, including Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police Rajesh Deo, were injured in clashes which erupted throughout the day at the protest site.
Though police did not give any figure for those who were injured among protesters, the agitators pegged the number between 40 and 50.
The protesters damaged six buses and two motorcycles besides 30 barricades.
"We have registered a case of rioting and destruction of public property. We will be asking media houses to provide us video footage. We will check the footage and will arrest those who are shown very clearly in the footage as indulging in violence," Rajan Bhagat, Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police and PRO, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read