Gang-rape case: Committee formed to monitor girl`s treatment
New Delhi: The government on Thursday constituted a committee of five eminent doctors to monitor the treatment of the 23-year-old paramedical student, who was brutally gang-raped, and to ensure she gets the best possible medical attention.
The panel is headed by Dr S C Sharma, head of the department (HOD) of AIIMS Surgery unit, while the other members are Dr Anil Aggarwal, HOD(Gastro-Intestinal surgery) at G B Pant Hospital, Dr Sunil Jain and Dr Ajit Sinha, both consultant and professor in the Surgery department of Safdarjung Hospital and Dr Aruna Batra, HOD (Gynaecology) at Safdarjung Hospital.
"The basic objective of this team is to examine and provide best possible treatment," Dr Sharma told PTI tonight, confirming the formation of the committee.
"We have received a letter in this regard today," he added.
According to sources, the team has to report about the girl`s condition to the Health Ministry everyday.
Giving details of the victim`s condition, Dr Sharma said "she is hemodynamically stable, which means her BP, pulse rate, respiration were in acceptable limit, and she has shown significant improvement over the last three days."
Dr Sharma further said, "If the girl`s condition remain stable tonight than she may be taken off the ventilator tomorrow, on which she was till today."
He said, "Only cause of concern are the platelets and white blood cells counts, in which there is some deterioration, which is an indication of an infection."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- BSF training Narayani Sena, private army of erstwhile Maharaja of Coochbehar, says TMC
- Dhaka attack suspect sent to 16-day judicial remand
- Exercise maximum possible restraint while dealing with mob: Army Chief to security forces
- Anti-pollution campaign bags global environment award
- Duleep Trophy: Floodlight malfunction grabs more attention than Pink ball