Gang-rape case: Committee formed to monitor girl`s treatment
New Delhi: The government on Thursday constituted a committee of five eminent doctors to monitor the treatment of the 23-year-old paramedical student, who was brutally gang-raped, and to ensure she gets the best possible medical attention.
The panel is headed by Dr S C Sharma, head of the department (HOD) of AIIMS Surgery unit, while the other members are Dr Anil Aggarwal, HOD(Gastro-Intestinal surgery) at G B Pant Hospital, Dr Sunil Jain and Dr Ajit Sinha, both consultant and professor in the Surgery department of Safdarjung Hospital and Dr Aruna Batra, HOD (Gynaecology) at Safdarjung Hospital.
"The basic objective of this team is to examine and provide best possible treatment," Dr Sharma told PTI tonight, confirming the formation of the committee.
"We have received a letter in this regard today," he added.
According to sources, the team has to report about the girl`s condition to the Health Ministry everyday.
Giving details of the victim`s condition, Dr Sharma said "she is hemodynamically stable, which means her BP, pulse rate, respiration were in acceptable limit, and she has shown significant improvement over the last three days."
Dr Sharma further said, "If the girl`s condition remain stable tonight than she may be taken off the ventilator tomorrow, on which she was till today."
He said, "Only cause of concern are the platelets and white blood cells counts, in which there is some deterioration, which is an indication of an infection."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion