Gang-rape case: Delhi government offers job, Rs 15 lakh compensation to victim`s family
New Delhi: The Delhi government on Monday announced a compensation of Rs 15 lakh to the family of the gang-rape victim who died in Mount Elizabeth hospital in Singapore on Saturday.
Apart from the monetary help, government has also decided to offer job to one of the family members of the deceased victim.
Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit announced the decision on compensation after discussing the matter at a cabinet meet today.
The government’s move came amidst protests all over the country asking for justice for the 23-year-old medical student who was gang-raped by six men on Decemebr 16 in a moving bus in the most barbaric manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars