Gang-rape case: Delhi government offers job, Rs 15 lakh compensation to victim`s family
New Delhi: The Delhi government on Monday announced a compensation of Rs 15 lakh to the family of the gang-rape victim who died in Mount Elizabeth hospital in Singapore on Saturday.
Apart from the monetary help, government has also decided to offer job to one of the family members of the deceased victim.
Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit announced the decision on compensation after discussing the matter at a cabinet meet today.
The government’s move came amidst protests all over the country asking for justice for the 23-year-old medical student who was gang-raped by six men on Decemebr 16 in a moving bus in the most barbaric manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened