Gang-rape case: Delhi government offers job, Rs 15 lakh compensation to victim`s family
New Delhi: The Delhi government on Monday announced a compensation of Rs 15 lakh to the family of the gang-rape victim who died in Mount Elizabeth hospital in Singapore on Saturday.
Apart from the monetary help, government has also decided to offer job to one of the family members of the deceased victim.
Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit announced the decision on compensation after discussing the matter at a cabinet meet today.
The government’s move came amidst protests all over the country asking for justice for the 23-year-old medical student who was gang-raped by six men on Decemebr 16 in a moving bus in the most barbaric manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed