Gang-rape case: Delhi government offers job, Rs 15 lakh compensation to victim`s family
New Delhi: The Delhi government on Monday announced a compensation of Rs 15 lakh to the family of the gang-rape victim who died in Mount Elizabeth hospital in Singapore on Saturday.
Apart from the monetary help, government has also decided to offer job to one of the family members of the deceased victim.
Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit announced the decision on compensation after discussing the matter at a cabinet meet today.
The government’s move came amidst protests all over the country asking for justice for the 23-year-old medical student who was gang-raped by six men on Decemebr 16 in a moving bus in the most barbaric manner.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living