Gang-rape case: Delhi government offers job, Rs 15 lakh compensation to victim`s family
New Delhi: The Delhi government on Monday announced a compensation of Rs 15 lakh to the family of the gang-rape victim who died in Mount Elizabeth hospital in Singapore on Saturday.
Apart from the monetary help, government has also decided to offer job to one of the family members of the deceased victim.
Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit announced the decision on compensation after discussing the matter at a cabinet meet today.
The government’s move came amidst protests all over the country asking for justice for the 23-year-old medical student who was gang-raped by six men on Decemebr 16 in a moving bus in the most barbaric manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency