Gang-rape protests: Police clamp prohibitory orders in New Delhi
New Delhi: Clamping down prohibitory orders in New Delhi district, Police on Sunday asked youths protesting against the gang-rape of a young girl to stage demonstrations either at Jantar Mantar or Ramlila Maidan.
"Protestors may go to Ramlila Maidan or Jantar Mantar. Traffic has been diverted from Vijay Chowk and Rajpath," a Delhi Police statement said.
It said prohibitory orders under section 144 of CrPC have been issued in New Delhi area except Jantar Mantar.
The police move came a day after thousands of youth clashed with police at Raisina Hill protesting against the gang-rape and demanding speedy punishment to the criminals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- Huge blow for Arvind Kejriwal ahead of MCD elections, AAP MLA Ved Prakash joins BJP