Gang-rape protests: Police clamp prohibitory orders in New Delhi
New Delhi: Clamping down prohibitory orders in New Delhi district, Police on Sunday asked youths protesting against the gang-rape of a young girl to stage demonstrations either at Jantar Mantar or Ramlila Maidan.
"Protestors may go to Ramlila Maidan or Jantar Mantar. Traffic has been diverted from Vijay Chowk and Rajpath," a Delhi Police statement said.
It said prohibitory orders under section 144 of CrPC have been issued in New Delhi area except Jantar Mantar.
The police move came a day after thousands of youth clashed with police at Raisina Hill protesting against the gang-rape and demanding speedy punishment to the criminals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part III
- Houston shooting: Two shot dead including suspect, six left wounded
- Amitabh Bachchan proud of hosting girl child segment at government's gala
- LGBT community won't be free till section 377 exists: Celina Jaitley
- Premature babies at greater of risk of osteoporosis in adulthood
- Government to crack down on savings scams as PM Modi backs banking for all