Gang-rape victim again put on ventilator
New Delhi: The 23-year-old gang-rape victim was again put on ventilator on Sunday after doctors subjected her to various tests as her condition continued to be critical.
The victim, a para-medical student who is battling for life at Safdurjung Hospital here, was off ventilator since Friday but due to some respiratory problems she was put on ventilator again this evening.
"We are subjecting her to all examinations and procedures. She continues to be critical," Dr B D Athani, Medical Superintendent of Safdurjung Hospital, told PTI.
The girl`s family members said that she was put on ventilator in the evening after doctors diagnosed "some problem".
Doctors had said yesterday that the rape victim is psychologically "composed and optimistic" about her future and has started communicating.
They had also said they are keeping the patient on high doses of antibiotics and high standards of hygiene -- two important factors for preventing infection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?