Gang-rape victim again put on ventilator
New Delhi: The 23-year-old gang-rape victim was again put on ventilator on Sunday after doctors subjected her to various tests as her condition continued to be critical.
The victim, a para-medical student who is battling for life at Safdurjung Hospital here, was off ventilator since Friday but due to some respiratory problems she was put on ventilator again this evening.
"We are subjecting her to all examinations and procedures. She continues to be critical," Dr B D Athani, Medical Superintendent of Safdurjung Hospital, told PTI.
The girl`s family members said that she was put on ventilator in the evening after doctors diagnosed "some problem".
Doctors had said yesterday that the rape victim is psychologically "composed and optimistic" about her future and has started communicating.
They had also said they are keeping the patient on high doses of antibiotics and high standards of hygiene -- two important factors for preventing infection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing