Gang-rape victim again put on ventilator
New Delhi: The 23-year-old gang-rape victim was again put on ventilator on Sunday after doctors subjected her to various tests as her condition continued to be critical.
The victim, a para-medical student who is battling for life at Safdurjung Hospital here, was off ventilator since Friday but due to some respiratory problems she was put on ventilator again this evening.
"We are subjecting her to all examinations and procedures. She continues to be critical," Dr B D Athani, Medical Superintendent of Safdurjung Hospital, told PTI.
The girl`s family members said that she was put on ventilator in the evening after doctors diagnosed "some problem".
Doctors had said yesterday that the rape victim is psychologically "composed and optimistic" about her future and has started communicating.
They had also said they are keeping the patient on high doses of antibiotics and high standards of hygiene -- two important factors for preventing infection.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference