Gang-rape victim again put on ventilator
New Delhi: The 23-year-old gang-rape victim was again put on ventilator on Sunday after doctors subjected her to various tests as her condition continued to be critical.
The victim, a para-medical student who is battling for life at Safdurjung Hospital here, was off ventilator since Friday but due to some respiratory problems she was put on ventilator again this evening.
"We are subjecting her to all examinations and procedures. She continues to be critical," Dr B D Athani, Medical Superintendent of Safdurjung Hospital, told PTI.
The girl`s family members said that she was put on ventilator in the evening after doctors diagnosed "some problem".
Doctors had said yesterday that the rape victim is psychologically "composed and optimistic" about her future and has started communicating.
They had also said they are keeping the patient on high doses of antibiotics and high standards of hygiene -- two important factors for preventing infection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you