Gang-rape victim dies: Family hopes death will make India safer for women
Singapore: The distraught family of the young gang-rape victim hopes her death will contribute to making India a safer place for woman, an Indian diplomat said on Saturday.
Indian High Commissioner TCA Raghavan said the family was "deeply affected" by the death of the woman who was brutally raped and tortured in a moving bus in Delhi Dec 16 and left to die by a roadside.
But the family was also moved by a large number of messages of support they had received from everywhere, Raghavan told the media.
"They hope that the death of their child will lead to a better future for women in Delhi and India," he quoted them as saying.
The gang-rape victim was shifted out of Delhi`s Safdarjung Hospital to Singapore Thursday in a desperate bid to save ber life after she suffered multi-organ failure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video