Gang-rape victim dies: Family hopes death will make India safer for women
Singapore: The distraught family of the young gang-rape victim hopes her death will contribute to making India a safer place for woman, an Indian diplomat said on Saturday.
Indian High Commissioner TCA Raghavan said the family was "deeply affected" by the death of the woman who was brutally raped and tortured in a moving bus in Delhi Dec 16 and left to die by a roadside.
But the family was also moved by a large number of messages of support they had received from everywhere, Raghavan told the media.
"They hope that the death of their child will lead to a better future for women in Delhi and India," he quoted them as saying.
The gang-rape victim was shifted out of Delhi`s Safdarjung Hospital to Singapore Thursday in a desperate bid to save ber life after she suffered multi-organ failure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Learn to make a pen stand out of waste material! Watch video
- Physical inactivity adding to India's NCD burden: Report
- Donald Trump leads Hillary Clinton in new national poll
- Derogatory remarks against Mayawati: Non-bailable warrant issued against Dayashankar Singh
- Sri Lanka cricket board files complaint on Muttiah Muralitharan following training ground bust-up