Gang-rape victim dies: Family hopes death will make India safer for women
Singapore: The distraught family of the young gang-rape victim hopes her death will contribute to making India a safer place for woman, an Indian diplomat said on Saturday.
Indian High Commissioner TCA Raghavan said the family was "deeply affected" by the death of the woman who was brutally raped and tortured in a moving bus in Delhi Dec 16 and left to die by a roadside.
But the family was also moved by a large number of messages of support they had received from everywhere, Raghavan told the media.
"They hope that the death of their child will lead to a better future for women in Delhi and India," he quoted them as saying.
The gang-rape victim was shifted out of Delhi`s Safdarjung Hospital to Singapore Thursday in a desperate bid to save ber life after she suffered multi-organ failure.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan