Gang-rape victim`s body embalmed for being flown back
Singapore: The body of the young Indian woman who was gang-raped and died in a hospital here was embalmed and placed in a special casket for being flown back to India, according to informed sources.
The body was placed in a gold and yellow coffin.
The hearse carrying the casket with the body of the 23-year-old gang-rape victim was to be flown back on a chartered Air India plane.
According to Strait Times, the hearse left the funeral home at Geylang Bahru premises at 8.50 pm.
The parents and two younger brothers of the woman are accompanying the body back home.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan