Gang-rape victim`s body embalmed for being flown back
Singapore: The body of the young Indian woman who was gang-raped and died in a hospital here was embalmed and placed in a special casket for being flown back to India, according to informed sources.
The body was placed in a gold and yellow coffin.
The hearse carrying the casket with the body of the 23-year-old gang-rape victim was to be flown back on a chartered Air India plane.
According to Strait Times, the hearse left the funeral home at Geylang Bahru premises at 8.50 pm.
The parents and two younger brothers of the woman are accompanying the body back home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi only confirming allegations against him: BJP on RSS row
- Vaishno Devi-bound pilgrim dies due to heart attack
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- US, Russia make headway on brokering truce in war-torn Syria
- Worms found in burgers from two Kentucky McDonald’s restaurants