Gang-rape victim`s condition has deteriorated: Doctors
New Delhi: The condition of a 23-year-old woman who was gang-raped and thrown off a moving bus in the capital has "slightly deteriorated" and continues to be critical, authorities at the Safdarjung Hospital said Tuesday.
"The patient continues to be critical but her condition has slightly deteriorated… she is on ventilator support," BD Athani, medical superintendent, told IANS, adding that the victim tried to speak in the morning but could not.
"All options have been kept open including surgery… she is under close monitoring," he added.
The brutal rape and torture occurred Sunday night when the girl and her friend boarded a private bus at Munirka in south Delhi to go to Dwarka in west Delhi after watching a movie.
The woman was beaten up and raped by around six men inside the bus. Four accused have been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday