Gang-rape victim`s condition has deteriorated: Doctors
New Delhi: The condition of a 23-year-old woman who was gang-raped and thrown off a moving bus in the capital has "slightly deteriorated" and continues to be critical, authorities at the Safdarjung Hospital said Tuesday.
"The patient continues to be critical but her condition has slightly deteriorated… she is on ventilator support," BD Athani, medical superintendent, told IANS, adding that the victim tried to speak in the morning but could not.
"All options have been kept open including surgery… she is under close monitoring," he added.
The brutal rape and torture occurred Sunday night when the girl and her friend boarded a private bus at Munirka in south Delhi to go to Dwarka in west Delhi after watching a movie.
The woman was beaten up and raped by around six men inside the bus. Four accused have been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city