Gang-rape victim`s condition has deteriorated: Doctors
New Delhi: The condition of a 23-year-old woman who was gang-raped and thrown off a moving bus in the capital has "slightly deteriorated" and continues to be critical, authorities at the Safdarjung Hospital said Tuesday.
"The patient continues to be critical but her condition has slightly deteriorated… she is on ventilator support," BD Athani, medical superintendent, told IANS, adding that the victim tried to speak in the morning but could not.
"All options have been kept open including surgery… she is under close monitoring," he added.
The brutal rape and torture occurred Sunday night when the girl and her friend boarded a private bus at Munirka in south Delhi to go to Dwarka in west Delhi after watching a movie.
The woman was beaten up and raped by around six men inside the bus. Four accused have been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth