Gang-rape victim`s condition has deteriorated: Doctors
New Delhi: The condition of a 23-year-old woman who was gang-raped and thrown off a moving bus in the capital has "slightly deteriorated" and continues to be critical, authorities at the Safdarjung Hospital said Tuesday.
"The patient continues to be critical but her condition has slightly deteriorated… she is on ventilator support," BD Athani, medical superintendent, told IANS, adding that the victim tried to speak in the morning but could not.
"All options have been kept open including surgery… she is under close monitoring," he added.
The brutal rape and torture occurred Sunday night when the girl and her friend boarded a private bus at Munirka in south Delhi to go to Dwarka in west Delhi after watching a movie.
The woman was beaten up and raped by around six men inside the bus. Four accused have been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa