Gang-rape victim’s fluctuating health a big cause of concern: Shinde
New Delhi: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Thursday said that the condition of the gang-rape victim continues to be critical, and added that her fluctuating health remains a big cause of concern.
In a statement on the condition of the gang-rape victim presently being treated at Singapore’s Mount Elizabeth Hospital, Shinde said it has been the government’s endeavour to provide her the best of medical care.
“We are all aware of the critical condition of victim. Since the day of the incident, it has been our endeavour to provide her the best of medical care. Despite the best efforts of our Doctors, the victim continues to be critical and her fluctuating health remains a big cause of concern to all of us,” he said.
Asserting that the government had stated that it will spare no effort for her treatment, Shinde said: “Therefore, when we were advised by a team of Doctors that she may be shifted abroad for treatment, the Government decided to meet all the costs thereof. Considering the travel time, the doctors have suggested Mt Elizabeth Hospital, Singapore.”
“Government has ordered India’s High Commissioner in Singapore to make necessary arrangements. Indian Doctors have spoken to the Doctors of the said Hospital and shared the details of the patient,” he added.
Shinde further said that arrangements have also been made for the family to accompany her as the treatment may stretch to many weeks.
The girl has remained on ventilator support during most part of her treatment here since she was admitted to Safdarjung Hospital on December 16 after she was gang-raped in a moving bus that night in South Delhi that sparked a nation-wide outrage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past