Gang supplying bullets to criminals and Naxals busted
Ghaziabad: A gang allegedly supplying bullets to criminals and Naxals has been busted in the district with the arrest of two persons, police said Monday.
Two criminals Shahid and Moti were arrested yesterday and 305 bullets of .315 bore, used in AK 47 rifles and other sophisticated guns, which they were carrying to Delhi
for supply to criminals, were seized from their possession, SSP Raghubir Lal said.
The duo confessed that the supply of 200 bullets was for criminals in Bagpat, Meerut, Delhi and Bulandshahr, he said, adding, during interrogation they revealed their links to
Police has deputed a special team to investigate the supply of bullets to Naxalites, he said.
District Magistrate Hredesh Kumar has taken a serious note of the matter and has directed police to ensure that action is taken against those involved in the supply of
bullets to criminals.
On April 30, a major arms racket was busted by Uttar Pradesh STF when it arrested five security personnel and a retired sub-inspector for allegedly supplying arms and ammunition to anti-social groups like Naxals.
Over 5,000 live cartridges, 16 magazines of INSAS rifles, .25 bore guns, SLR and AK-47s were recovered besides, 245 kg of empty shells from the group.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed