Ganga Ram Hospital to provide free treatment to acid victim
New Delhi: A city-based private hospital will provide free treatment to a young woman who has suffered severe burn injuries in an acid attack in Uttar Pradesh.
The victim, Isha Khan, was shifted to Sir Ganga Ram Hospital on April 2 night after she suffered severe injuries in her eyes in an acid attack in Muzzaffarnagar on the same day.
Isha and her three sisters, all teachers, suffered injuries when they were attacked by two men on a motorcycle while they were returning after UP board exam duty.
In a statement released today, the hospital said, it will "waive off her full treatment cost incurred during her stay at the hospital" considering that the victim`s family is poor.
The hospital would keep her in observation for a week or so before taking a decision on her discharge, it said.
"Our first priority is to restore her vision and try to bring her back to the main frame of the society," Dr DS Rana of the hospital said.
Explaining the current condition of the victim, Dr A K Grover, Chairman of Department of Opthalmology, said, "When the girl was brought to us she had a severe injury in her eyes...We hope to restore her left eye`s vision in due course of time. Right eye is essentially normal."
Dr Mahesh Mangal, Chairman, Department of Plastic Surgery said that the patient was responding well to the treatment and doctors were accessing the depth of the wounds on the face, neck and chest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan