Gangrape: Another Jamia student sent to JC
New Delhi: Another law student of Jamia Millia Islamia University, arrested for his alleged role in a case of gang-rape of a minor girl here for over two months in captivity of one of the co-accused, was sent to judicial custody Wednesday for 14 days by a Delhi court to undergo identification test.
Twenty-year-old Prateek Singh Choudhary, the sixth law student of the University to be arrested in the gang-rape case of the 16-year-old girl, was produced before Metropolitan Magistrate Gaurav Rao, who sent him to judicial custody.
Chaudhary agreed before the court to undergo the Test Identification Parade (TIP).
"Accused is produced in muffled face from police custody. Accused is also willing to participate in TIP. Investigating Officer is directed to produce the witness/ victim for TIP on January 4 at 3 pm at Tihar jail.
"However, on the request of the police, the accused is remanded to 14 days of judicial custody. Accused is to be produced on January 16," the court said.
The police also told the court that they are yet to make more arrests in the case.
The police on December 4, 2012 had arrested five boys, Pulkit Chaudhary, Amandeep, Sharad Shekhar Tomar, Roopansu and Vikas Punia, all Jamia students, after a complaint was lodged at the Defence Colony police station in South Delhi on September 15 by the victim`s mother.
The girl`s mother had told the police that her daughter, who was studying in class XI, had not returned home after attending her school on September 15.
Initially, a case of kidnapping was registered by the police but after the girl was recovered earlier this month, she deposed that on September 15 she had accompanied her friend Amit Gautam to his flat where she was held captive and gang-raped.
The victim had told the police that she had gone to the flat in South Delhi to attend a party.
She had also said she came in contact with Amit through social networking site, Facebook, and they eventually became friends.
Chaudhary had reportedly threatened the girl to submit herself to him, claiming that he was a Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical