Gangrape: Defence wants male friend`s interview on record
New Delhi: The male friend of a girl who was gang-raped on a moving bus could not be cross examined today in the fast-track court by the lawyers of the five accused in the murder case as the defence wanted his interview to a news channel to be brought on record as crucial evidence.
An advocate for one of the accused told the court that he could not question the prime witness in the case as he wants the police to put on record the CD of the interview given by the witness about the incident.
The youth, a software engineer, who has been deposing before the court for the last two days was not present today.
He is the sole eyewitness to the brutal assault and gangrape of the 23-year-old girl, who can not be named due to legal reasons.
The doctors of the Safdarjung Hospital here have been called by the court tomorrow for recording their evidence.
The 28-year-old victim`s friend, who is chief prosecution witness had testified before the Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna in an in-camera proceedings against the five accused, who have pleaded not guilty to charges, including rape and murder, framed against them.
The details of the proceedings cannot be reported by the media as the court has imposed a ban on it under the provisions of the Indian Penal Code.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 94 seats, BJP ahead in 56; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers resignation; Shiv Sena ahead in BMC polls
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway; Shiv Sena leads the race