Gangster killed in encounter in Gurgaon
Gurgaon: An alleged gangster carrying a reward of Rs one lakh on his head was shot dead by a police team in an encounter in Gurgaon on Wednesday afternoon.
Virender, hailing from Jind was wanted in more than 20 cases of murder, attempt to murder, kidnapping and extortion in Haryana, police said.
Acting on information that Virender might come to Gurgaon via Farrukhnagar road, a police party put up a barrier at village Dhankot, they said.
When two persons on a motorcycle were approaching Gurgaon, the police asked them to stop following which Virender fired at the police party.
In retaliation, police had to fire at Virender, resulting in his death on the spot. Police have recovered one pistol and some live bullets from his possession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash