Gangster killed in encounter in Gurgaon
Gurgaon: An alleged gangster carrying a reward of Rs one lakh on his head was shot dead by a police team in an encounter in Gurgaon on Wednesday afternoon.
Virender, hailing from Jind was wanted in more than 20 cases of murder, attempt to murder, kidnapping and extortion in Haryana, police said.
Acting on information that Virender might come to Gurgaon via Farrukhnagar road, a police party put up a barrier at village Dhankot, they said.
When two persons on a motorcycle were approaching Gurgaon, the police asked them to stop following which Virender fired at the police party.
In retaliation, police had to fire at Virender, resulting in his death on the spot. Police have recovered one pistol and some live bullets from his possession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon