Gangster killed in encounter in Gurgaon
Gurgaon: An alleged gangster carrying a reward of Rs one lakh on his head was shot dead by a police team in an encounter in Gurgaon on Wednesday afternoon.
Virender, hailing from Jind was wanted in more than 20 cases of murder, attempt to murder, kidnapping and extortion in Haryana, police said.
Acting on information that Virender might come to Gurgaon via Farrukhnagar road, a police party put up a barrier at village Dhankot, they said.
When two persons on a motorcycle were approaching Gurgaon, the police asked them to stop following which Virender fired at the police party.
In retaliation, police had to fire at Virender, resulting in his death on the spot. Police have recovered one pistol and some live bullets from his possession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!