Gas pricing scam: Mukesh Ambani, Moily, Deora booked for graft, cheating
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal led Delhi government`s Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) on Wednesday filed an FIR against Petroleum Minister Veerappa Moily, Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani and several others for allegedly creating artificial scarcity of natural gas and for fixing prices.
According to reports, the case against them was lodged a day after Arvind Kejriwal announced that the complaint will be filed against Petroleum Minister Veerappa Moily, Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani and others for allegedly hatching a conspiracy to manipulate gas prices.
PTI news report quoting official sources said that Moily, Ambani, former minister Murli Deora and retired official VK Sibal have been named in the FIR.
The Delhi government had on Tuesday ordered an FIR against RIL chairperson Mukesh Ambani, Petroleum Minister Veerappa Moily, former minister Murli Deora and ex director-general hydrocarbons VK Sibal under the Prevention of Corruption Act for allegedly hatching a conspiracy to manipulate gas prices.
However, the company later issued a statement and refuted the charges, terming them as shocking.
While addressing a press conference, the Delhi CM had said that the directions to register FIR were given after four people complained against them.
The price of natural gas was raised to USD 4/unit and Reliance followed it up by producing less gas due to which India had to import gas, leading to inflation, Kejriwal said.
The Aam Admi Party (AAP) leader also demanded that the gas fields allocated to Reliance Industries in the Krishna-Godavari basin off the Andhra Pradesh coast be taken back and handed over to the state-run Oil and Natural Gas Corp.
He said he would also raise the issue with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and call for a further hike in gas prices from April 1 to be kept in abeyance -- after the company was allowed to charge a higher rate of around $4 per unit a couple of years ago.
Congress general secretary Ajay Maken later said that the party was not against an inquiry.
"The only two things should be clearly looked at - first whether it is political vendetta and, secondly, is it within constitutional jurisdiction. We hope Delhi government would have taken care of these two parameters," he said.
(With PTI Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in