Geetika case: Chanshivroop`s father alleges harassment
New Delhi: The father of an accused in air hostess Geetika Sharma suicide case has alleged in a court here that the police is pressurising him to lodge a false case against prime accused and former Harayana Minister Gopal Kanda and his family members.
The father of co-accused and Kanda`s aide Chanshivroop Singh, who is feared to have fled abroad after promising police to turn approver in the case and securing bail on this pretext, made this allegation of harassment by police in the court of Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate D K Jangala.
Chanshivroop`s father Harminder Singh alleged the police was forcing him to file a complaint that Kanda`s brother and relatives were threatening him.
Singh alleged that Delhi police was pressurising him to file a complaint saying the relatives and brother of Gopal Kanda were threatening him and that it has forced him to sign some papers purportedly complaining about threat to his life from Kanda.
The court told Harminder Singh that he may take legal recourse against the alleged harassment by police.
The police had arrested Chanshivroop Singh, an assistant manager in Kanda`s MDLR, allegedly because he was the person who had gone to Dubai where Geetika was working with Emirates Airlines and told its officials that she had secured a job with MDLR on the basis of fake and forged documents.
The prosecution had also alleged that he had sent fake e-mails to Geetika informing her about extradition proceedings against her in Dubai to pressurise her to join back MDLR.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report