Geetika case: Chanshivroop`s father alleges harassment
New Delhi: The father of an accused in air hostess Geetika Sharma suicide case has alleged in a court here that the police is pressurising him to lodge a false case against prime accused and former Harayana Minister Gopal Kanda and his family members.
The father of co-accused and Kanda`s aide Chanshivroop Singh, who is feared to have fled abroad after promising police to turn approver in the case and securing bail on this pretext, made this allegation of harassment by police in the court of Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate D K Jangala.
Chanshivroop`s father Harminder Singh alleged the police was forcing him to file a complaint that Kanda`s brother and relatives were threatening him.
Singh alleged that Delhi police was pressurising him to file a complaint saying the relatives and brother of Gopal Kanda were threatening him and that it has forced him to sign some papers purportedly complaining about threat to his life from Kanda.
The court told Harminder Singh that he may take legal recourse against the alleged harassment by police.
The police had arrested Chanshivroop Singh, an assistant manager in Kanda`s MDLR, allegedly because he was the person who had gone to Dubai where Geetika was working with Emirates Airlines and told its officials that she had secured a job with MDLR on the basis of fake and forged documents.
The prosecution had also alleged that he had sent fake e-mails to Geetika informing her about extradition proceedings against her in Dubai to pressurise her to join back MDLR.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory