Geetika case: Court rejects cops` plea for Aruna`s custody
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Monday rejected the police plea for the custody of former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda`s employee Aruna Chaddha "to confront" her with the former minister during his questioning in the Geetika Sharma suicide case.
Metropolitan Magistrate Vipin Kharb said he was not satisfied with the application for Chaddha`s police custody for another three day and added that the police can file a fresh application for it.
Chaddha, who had been remanded on August 16 to 14-day judicial custody, was produced before the court which sent her back to judicial custody for a day till tomorrow.
"The prosecution failed to show documents which could show that the accused need to be confronted with the documents recovered after the arrest of Kanda," the magistrate said.
Kanda was sent to seven-day police custody on August 18 following his surrender and subsequent arrest and as a part of investigation, he was taken to various places including his offices in Haryana from where the Delhi Police claimed to have recovered certain documents including various electronic devices.
Chaddha was arrested on August 8, when she was called by the police for questioning and was later sent to judicial custody on August 16.
23-year-old Geetika was found hanging in her flat in North West Delhi on August 5.
In the suicide note found at her residence, she had said she was ending her life due to harassment by Kanda and MDLR official Aruna Chaddha. Both Kanda and Chaddha have been accused of abetting Geetika`s suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies
- Silicon Valley leads avalanche of quarterly reports
- UN backs plan to rid Libya of chemical weapons