Geetika case: Kanda, Chaddha to be in judicial custody till Oct 6
New Delhi: A Delhi court Tuesday extended till Oct 6 the judicial custody of former Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda and his employee Aruna Chaddha, accused of abetting the suicide of former flight attendant Geetika Sharma.
Metropolitan Magistrate Deepak Dabas extended the judicial custody of Kanda and Chaddha, a former official of Kanda`s now-defunct MDLR Airlines where Geetika had worked, in a proceeding conducted via video conferencing.
"Accused be remanded in judicial custody till Oct 6," the court said.
The court has directed police to produce the accused on the next date of hearing before the court hearing the matter.
Kanda was forced to resign as minister of state for home and urban local bodies in Haryana in the face of public outcry over Geetika`s suicide. He was arrested Aug 18.
Geetika, 23, died on the night of Aug 4-5 at her house in Delhi`s Ashok Vihar area. Her two suicide notes named Kanda and Chaddha for harassing her and driving her to suicide.
Both have denied the allegations.
After Kanda`s airlines ceased to function in 2009, Geetika was given another assignment in the group owned by him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...