Geetika case: Notice to police, case sent for committal
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Thursday issued notice to the Delhi Police on former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda`s plea seeking mirror images of electronic data and documents relied upon by the prosecution in air hostess Geetika Sharma suicide case.
While issuing notice to the prosecution, the court made it clear that the pendency of the plea shall not affect the proceedings in the matter in any manner.
Additional Sessions Judge Kamini Lau asked the prosecution by Monday to file its reply to Kanda`s plea seeking copies of electronic data, documents and FSL report collected and also relied upon by the prosecution.
Kanda and also his co-accused and aide Aruna Chaddha had moved the Sessions Court against the December 03 order of the Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate DK Jangala by which their plea for certain documents was dismissed.
Defence counsel told the court that the prosecution has been hiding documents and data collected by it during investigation and which might turn in favour of their clients.
The ASJ, however, made it clear today that "any order passed by the ACMM (who was conducting the proceedings in the case) shall be subject to the outcome of the revision petition."
Meanwhile, the ACMM sent the case file to the District Judge for December 13 when it is likely to be committed to a Sessions court for trial.
Both Kanda and Chaddha are accused of abetting Geetika`s suicide. She was found dead at her Ashok Vihar residence in Delhi on August 05.
In her suicide note, Geetika had said she was ending her life due to "harassment" by Kanda and Chaddha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you