Geetika case: Notice to police, case sent for committal
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Thursday issued notice to the Delhi Police on former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda`s plea seeking mirror images of electronic data and documents relied upon by the prosecution in air hostess Geetika Sharma suicide case.
While issuing notice to the prosecution, the court made it clear that the pendency of the plea shall not affect the proceedings in the matter in any manner.
Additional Sessions Judge Kamini Lau asked the prosecution by Monday to file its reply to Kanda`s plea seeking copies of electronic data, documents and FSL report collected and also relied upon by the prosecution.
Kanda and also his co-accused and aide Aruna Chaddha had moved the Sessions Court against the December 03 order of the Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate DK Jangala by which their plea for certain documents was dismissed.
Defence counsel told the court that the prosecution has been hiding documents and data collected by it during investigation and which might turn in favour of their clients.
The ASJ, however, made it clear today that "any order passed by the ACMM (who was conducting the proceedings in the case) shall be subject to the outcome of the revision petition."
Meanwhile, the ACMM sent the case file to the District Judge for December 13 when it is likely to be committed to a Sessions court for trial.
Both Kanda and Chaddha are accused of abetting Geetika`s suicide. She was found dead at her Ashok Vihar residence in Delhi on August 05.
In her suicide note, Geetika had said she was ending her life due to "harassment" by Kanda and Chaddha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal