Geetika case: Notice to police, case sent for committal
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Thursday issued notice to the Delhi Police on former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda`s plea seeking mirror images of electronic data and documents relied upon by the prosecution in air hostess Geetika Sharma suicide case.
While issuing notice to the prosecution, the court made it clear that the pendency of the plea shall not affect the proceedings in the matter in any manner.
Additional Sessions Judge Kamini Lau asked the prosecution by Monday to file its reply to Kanda`s plea seeking copies of electronic data, documents and FSL report collected and also relied upon by the prosecution.
Kanda and also his co-accused and aide Aruna Chaddha had moved the Sessions Court against the December 03 order of the Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate DK Jangala by which their plea for certain documents was dismissed.
Defence counsel told the court that the prosecution has been hiding documents and data collected by it during investigation and which might turn in favour of their clients.
The ASJ, however, made it clear today that "any order passed by the ACMM (who was conducting the proceedings in the case) shall be subject to the outcome of the revision petition."
Meanwhile, the ACMM sent the case file to the District Judge for December 13 when it is likely to be committed to a Sessions court for trial.
Both Kanda and Chaddha are accused of abetting Geetika`s suicide. She was found dead at her Ashok Vihar residence in Delhi on August 05.
In her suicide note, Geetika had said she was ending her life due to "harassment" by Kanda and Chaddha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today