Geetika killed self, says Kanda’s aide Aruna Chaddha
New Delhi: Aruna Chaddha, an aide of former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda and co-accused in Geetika Sharma suicide case, Saturday denied her involvement in it and claimed the former airhostesses took the extreme step because she was upset with her parents.
Pleading for bail before District Judge and Additional Sessions Judge SK Sarvaria, Chaddah said she be allowed bail as she has a seven-year-old daughter to look after.
Senior advocate Ramesh Gupta, appearing for Chaddah, said his client had no role in driving Geetika to commit suicide and that she was upset with the fact her parents and brother were unhappy.
"In her (Geetika) mind, she was continuously unhappy as her parents were unhappy," he argued while referring to her suicide note.
"Geetika`s parents were the ones who had a word with her before she took the extreme step and when they could not realise that she was thinking of ending her life, how can Chaddah be held as intentionally aiding and abetting the move"? the lawyer contended.
The arguments on Chaddah`s bail plea will continue on September 5 when the prosecution will argue.
Chaddha was arrested on August 8 when she was called by the police for questioning. She is currently in judicial custody.
In the August 4 suicide note found at her residence, 23-year-old Geetika said she was ending her life due to "harassment" by Kanda and now-defunct airlines MDLR official Aruna Chaddha.
Both Kanda and Chaddha have been accused of abetting Geetika`s suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says