Geetika killed self, says Kanda’s aide Aruna Chaddha
New Delhi: Aruna Chaddha, an aide of former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda and co-accused in Geetika Sharma suicide case, Saturday denied her involvement in it and claimed the former airhostesses took the extreme step because she was upset with her parents.
Pleading for bail before District Judge and Additional Sessions Judge SK Sarvaria, Chaddah said she be allowed bail as she has a seven-year-old daughter to look after.
Senior advocate Ramesh Gupta, appearing for Chaddah, said his client had no role in driving Geetika to commit suicide and that she was upset with the fact her parents and brother were unhappy.
"In her (Geetika) mind, she was continuously unhappy as her parents were unhappy," he argued while referring to her suicide note.
"Geetika`s parents were the ones who had a word with her before she took the extreme step and when they could not realise that she was thinking of ending her life, how can Chaddah be held as intentionally aiding and abetting the move"? the lawyer contended.
The arguments on Chaddah`s bail plea will continue on September 5 when the prosecution will argue.
Chaddha was arrested on August 8 when she was called by the police for questioning. She is currently in judicial custody.
In the August 4 suicide note found at her residence, 23-year-old Geetika said she was ending her life due to "harassment" by Kanda and now-defunct airlines MDLR official Aruna Chaddha.
Both Kanda and Chaddha have been accused of abetting Geetika`s suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!