Geetika Sharma suicide: Actress Nupur Mehta questioned
New Delhi: Investigators on Tuesday questioned Bollywood actress Nupur Mehta in Mumbai in connection with the suicide of her former colleague in which ex-Haryana minister Gopal Kanda was arrested.
Geetika Sharma committed suicide a month ago in her Ashok Vihar residence here alleging harassment by Kanda and a senior colleague Aruna Chaddha, who were arrested by Delhi Police later. Kanda and Chaddha are in judicial custody.
Nupur was vice president in the now-defunct MDLR Airlines in which Geetika was an air hostess.
Nupur was questioned as Geetika had earlier filed a complaint against her and another colleague Ankita in Goa alleging that they stole her laptop.
After the suicide made headlines, Nupur had levelled allegations against Kanda and Chaddha.
A senior police official said Ankita Singh, whom investigators believe could reveal much about the relationship Kanda had with Geetika and other matters, has been evading questioning.
He said strict action will be taken against Singh if she does not join probe.
"She appears to be hiding and evading police," the official claimed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India