Geetika Sharma suicide: Actress Nupur Mehta questioned
New Delhi: Investigators on Tuesday questioned Bollywood actress Nupur Mehta in Mumbai in connection with the suicide of her former colleague in which ex-Haryana minister Gopal Kanda was arrested.
Geetika Sharma committed suicide a month ago in her Ashok Vihar residence here alleging harassment by Kanda and a senior colleague Aruna Chaddha, who were arrested by Delhi Police later. Kanda and Chaddha are in judicial custody.
Nupur was vice president in the now-defunct MDLR Airlines in which Geetika was an air hostess.
Nupur was questioned as Geetika had earlier filed a complaint against her and another colleague Ankita in Goa alleging that they stole her laptop.
After the suicide made headlines, Nupur had levelled allegations against Kanda and Chaddha.
A senior police official said Ankita Singh, whom investigators believe could reveal much about the relationship Kanda had with Geetika and other matters, has been evading questioning.
He said strict action will be taken against Singh if she does not join probe.
"She appears to be hiding and evading police," the official claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you