Geetika Sharma suicide case figures in Lok Sabha
New Delhi: The suicide by former air hostess Geetika Sharma was raised in the Lok Sabha on Tuesday with a BJP member demanding immediate arrest of an absconding former Haryana Minister allegedly responsible for the tragedy.
Raising the issue during zero hour, Virendra Kashyap said the Centre should ensure justice to the family of 23-year old Geetika, who in her suicide note, has held the former Minister responsible for taking the extreme step.
He alleged that the Haryana police has been trying to save the former Minister, who has been an influential man and had even owned an airline.
Though the member took the name of the former Haryana Minister and was supported by several of his party colleagues, Speaker Meira Kumar advised him not to take any name.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre