Geetika Sharma suicide case figures in Lok Sabha
New Delhi: The suicide by former air hostess Geetika Sharma was raised in the Lok Sabha on Tuesday with a BJP member demanding immediate arrest of an absconding former Haryana Minister allegedly responsible for the tragedy.
Raising the issue during zero hour, Virendra Kashyap said the Centre should ensure justice to the family of 23-year old Geetika, who in her suicide note, has held the former Minister responsible for taking the extreme step.
He alleged that the Haryana police has been trying to save the former Minister, who has been an influential man and had even owned an airline.
Though the member took the name of the former Haryana Minister and was supported by several of his party colleagues, Speaker Meira Kumar advised him not to take any name.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state