Geetika Sharma suicide case figures in Lok Sabha
New Delhi: The suicide by former air hostess Geetika Sharma was raised in the Lok Sabha on Tuesday with a BJP member demanding immediate arrest of an absconding former Haryana Minister allegedly responsible for the tragedy.
Raising the issue during zero hour, Virendra Kashyap said the Centre should ensure justice to the family of 23-year old Geetika, who in her suicide note, has held the former Minister responsible for taking the extreme step.
He alleged that the Haryana police has been trying to save the former Minister, who has been an influential man and had even owned an airline.
Though the member took the name of the former Haryana Minister and was supported by several of his party colleagues, Speaker Meira Kumar advised him not to take any name.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder