Geetika Sharma suicide case figures in Lok Sabha
New Delhi: The suicide by former air hostess Geetika Sharma was raised in the Lok Sabha on Tuesday with a BJP member demanding immediate arrest of an absconding former Haryana Minister allegedly responsible for the tragedy.
Raising the issue during zero hour, Virendra Kashyap said the Centre should ensure justice to the family of 23-year old Geetika, who in her suicide note, has held the former Minister responsible for taking the extreme step.
He alleged that the Haryana police has been trying to save the former Minister, who has been an influential man and had even owned an airline.
Though the member took the name of the former Haryana Minister and was supported by several of his party colleagues, Speaker Meira Kumar advised him not to take any name.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India